Saving money can be extremely difficult, however below are over 100+ ways that you can save money in 2019 and still live a happy life!
Saving little amounts on bills and shopping and other expenses from time to time can help you gain that little bit extra at the end of each year. Whether you are from the USA, Ireland, UK, India, UAE or China, there are numerous ways in which you can save money. Below are a variety of ways that you can save your cash and help you spend it on the thinks you love.
If you manage to save money, make sure you put your money into credit union or bank account.
How To Save Money At Home
- Cook Dinners at home and eat out less
- Turn off cooking appliances such as electric ovens at the plug when they are not being used.
- Turn off your TV at the plug then not being used
- Turn off radios at the plug if no one is listening
- Turn off the immersion when you have enough water
- Only boil enough water as you need from your kettle
- Turn off heating appliances if you are leaving the house or gone out for the day
- Recycle your waste
- Have your own compost bin for food waste
- Do DIY on things you can fix rather than getting a professional (Only where necessary)
- Grow your own fruit and vegetables
- Use your washing machine only when you have a full load.
- Install low flow showerheads and toilet cisterns
- Don’t use an electric shower
- Install solar panels or generate energy with a windmill
- Use only energy efficient appliances
- Insulate your home to reduce heat loss
- Insulate your water heater so heat doesn’t escape
- Bleed radiators so that they are efficient
- Use solar chargers for charging smartphones, tablets and laptops
- Cut your own lawns and hedges and do your own gardening
How To Save On Bills
Bills come in on a regular basis. Some include energy bills, heating bills, taxes, car insurance, home insurance, contents insurance and many more. Here are some ways that you can save money on your phone bills.
How Changing Lifestyle Habits Can Help Improve Your Wealth
There are some habits that we all have that costs us money. Some can be changed while others we can adjust to curb our spending.
- Go on a healthy diet that reduces your consumption of food
- Save Money by quitting Smoking
- Plan your meals to avoid food waste
If you are a student you might want to look at our post on: How to save money as a student
How To Save Money On Motoring Expenses
Having a car or motorcycle will cost you money on a weekly and monthly basis. Here are some tips to save cash on your motoring expenses.
- Walk rather than taking the car or public transport
- Cycle rather than taking the car or public transport
- Drive a hybrid car
- Shop around for motor insurance
- Plan your journeys
- Carpool to work or social events
- Eco drive your car
- Price different mechanics and garages for the best price for servicing your vehicle
- Wash your car yourself
- Fill up with gas when fuel prices are low
- Keep tires inflated to optimal level for best efficiency
- Use air con only when you need it
- Only have your window rolled down when stationary
- Only fit a spoiler on your car if you are racing. Spoilers reduce efficiency in day to day use.
- Shop around and look online for prices for new tires.
Check out this post on How to get the best fuel economy from your car
Save Money On Insurance
Insurance can be costly, no matter if it is home insurance, car insurance or life cover, try these tips to reduce your spend:
- Shop around and compare insurance quotations
- Bundle your insurance policies to help you save money
- Switch insurance companies each year to save money
- Watch out for join now deals from insurance companies, they can save you cash.
- Ensure you get the right cover from your insurance or it may cost you more in the event of an accident
How To Save Money On Shopping
We all have to do shopping from time to time. Here are some ways that you can easily save your cash when shopping;
- Use coupons for items that you buy
- Use Mr.Rebates for cashback on shopping and to find coupons
- Buy items that are on sale
- Buy holiday decorations and gifts after the holiday is over
- Use a list when shopping
- Buy only what you need for your meals for the week ahead
- Check the best before dates of your food products before you purchase to save on food waste.
- Shop online for clothes to save a trip to your local clothing store
- Become a member of your local library instead of buying books
- Rent DVD’s instead of buying them
- Hire machinery and tools instead of buying
- Shop for items at discount stores
- Shop at cheap grocery stores like LIDL and ALDI
- Download smartphone apps that offer free coupons
- Buy groceries on offer in bulk if they have a long best before date.
- Reduce your dependence on buying water. Get a reusable container.
- Stock up on non-perishable items when they are on sale
- Shop for second hand items such as video games
- Download music and games online when there are discounts and sales
- Borrow items of friends rather than buying
- Buy gifts while on sale and save them for when they are due
- Find alternative branded items for sale on eBay
- Buy generic brands rather than high street brands
- Do not go browsing in shops if you do not need something urgently – This reduces temptation to buy something
For a more in depth advice of saving money shopping for groceries, see our posy on How to save money on groceries.
If you want more information on using vouchers and deals websites, see here.
How To Start Saving Money On Technology
Technology costs money. Here are ways that you can easily save money on your tech.
- Use Google Docs and Google Sheets instead of buying Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel software packages
- Swap software with friends rather than buying it
- Get internet security license for a number of devices rather than one license
- What to do when your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will not turn on
- Use solar powered chargers to save you money
- Buy refurbished electronics at lower price than brand new items.
- Find news online rather than buying a newspaper
- Get a bundle for phone, mobile, television and internet
- Consider using Netflix or Hulu rather than paying a TV subscription
How To Save Money On Credit Cards
- Switch credit cards to those that offer lower interest rates
- Get a credit card that has a good rewards program
- Use a prepaid credit card
- Pay off credit card debt to avoid penalties
- Cancel your credit card if you are no longer using, to avoid fees
10 Best Ways To Save Money On Holidays
- Use AirBnB to find cheap accommodation
- Stay in holiday apartments rather than hotels
- Book flights months in advance of travel for best prices
- Use discount travel sites for package holidays
- Try last minute package holiday deals
- Travel to less expensive locations
- Buy foreign currency to your travel location when exchange rates are favorable.
- Buy currency rates at banks that have low to no commission rates or fees.
- Research where to eat at your travel destination to plan your meals.
- Buy holiday wear at the end of season sales
How To Grow Your Savings
- Switch bank accounts to get the best interest rates for your savings
- Download a budgeting sheet to keep track of your spend each week/month
- Aim to put a certain amount of cash into your savings account each month
- Switch mortgage providers or refinance your mortgage to help save on repayments
- Consolidate your loans into one.
- Do your tax returns each year to see if you are owed a tax rebate
- Do your own taxes online rather than paying someone to do it for you
Latest articles on how to save money:
It’s undeniable – the world in 2020 is, for better or worse, an international place. Whether you’re in business or simply want to plant flags beyond your jurisdiction, going global is near-essential.
To do so, though, transferring your capital internationally is inevitable. Paying vendors/remote employees, buying real estate – these are just a few things you can do abroad.
However, if you do these things through your bank, you’ll be paying far too much. The big fees they charge upfront is just the start. Unbeknownst to many, financial institutions hide the bulk of their FX profits in their exchange rate.
Almost every online money transfer provider offers a better deal than the banks. But, these days, there are dozens of services to choose from. Which one should you choose? In this article, we’ll list off ten of the best cash transfer apps out there.
We all love to make some savings when we are shopping online. Did you know that you can make some great savings shopping on your favorite high street retailers by using cashback websites? Cashback websites or also commonly known as rebates websites, can help you make significant savings on your online shopping as you can earn cashback rewards, get coupons and vouchers for just signing up to these websites.
We have listed a the best tried and tested cashback websites for you to sign up to for free. Some of the best websites offer additional ways for you to make money online and add to your savings.Read more
Are you looking for apps that give you free coupons promo codes and deals for your favorite stores and restaurants.
There are lots of Android and iOS coupon apps that you can download for free from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
These best coupon apps will provide you with up to date coupons and promo codes for shopping at your favorite stores and restaurants.Read more
Do you like saving money with coupons when you do your shopping? There are lots of coupon websites and we will be showing you the best sites that will save you cash.
Coupons can be accessible in various ways such as mobile devices, cell phones, Internet, social media, newsletter emails or sometimes directly from the retailer.
There are lots of free extreme coupon websites that have also brought an exceptional saving for consumers to purchase products at a lower price. The list of websites that offer free coupons are endless but in this post we will show you the 20 best coupon websites 2019.Read more
One of the hardest things to do in life is to save money as a student. When you are trying to reach your goal of attaining that degree at college or university, there is no doubt that money will be one of the biggest problems that you will encounter.
This post will show you some simple tips that you can use to help save you money and make the most of your time in college.
For many life at university will be the fist time that you will leave home, pay for rent, bills and food. Essentially you will experience the big bad world and learn how to manage for finances for the first time.
There are however many ways in which you can manage and save money as a student while at the same time enjoying university life and achieving your goals.Read more
Anything you do to help you save money?
We love getting feedback from our readers and we are keen to know how you save money. Comment below using the comment box to let us know how you do it.