Are you looking for a cordless weed eater for your garden? In this post we are going to look at the best cordless weed whackers that you can buy online.
What is a Weed Eaters?
Weed eaters are a particular category of grass cutting tool that uses monofilament lines for the purpose. Unlike the traditional blades, these lines offer a lot of flexibility to even out the rough surfaces and remove unwanted objects near plants.
It is one of the simplest and easiest tools one can come across having just a cutting tip and a handle with a long shaft. It is even ideal for edging grass and can be either powered through electric cords or batteries.
Also known as weed whackers or string trimmers, they are currently gaining a lot of popularity in the current market. We have come up with the top five weed eaters that you can look into before purchasing your next gardening tool.
These trimmers can really make your gardening tasks a lot easier and quicker.
Check out this posy if you are looking for a gas string trimmer
Best Cordless Weed Eaters 2022
5. Flymo Contour Cordless XT Battery Grass Trimmer and Edger
Flymo are the leaders in corded and cordless battery trimmers.
- 18 V Battery powered model
- NiMh type battery provided
- Provided with rotatable head
- Cutting width of 25 cm
- Easy to set up and get started.
- You can have the most brilliant experience of push button changeover while working on your yard.
- With this cordless weed eater, all you can expect are sharp and neat results.
- The battery can degrade after using for a few months.
- It is quite rigid to use and does not allow pose variation to aid your comfort during the already tedious work.
4. WORX WG163.9 20V Cordless Grass Trimmer/Edger with Command Feed
Worx is a budget brand of gardening and power tools that offer value for money.
- 2-in-1 service, ideal dual positioning for trimming and hedging purposes.
- Innovative system of command feed spooling for a cutting diameter of 12 inches.
- Provided with telescopic height adjustment features through a quick-release lever mechanism
- Extremely lightweight and ergonomic design
- 20 V batteries powered.
- The provision of 2 batteries promises extra long service and lets you complete your entire task all at once.
- It is ideal for the elderly, thanks to the edging wheels.
- The effects are pretty strong and have sharp results even on St. Augustine grass.
- Unlike other cordless weed eaters, the string will not be jamming the functions.
- String rolls are almost free for life.
- Does not come with good documentation, thus usage may be tough for first-time users.
- Functionalities and battery life is limited to trimming grasses only.
3. Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer
Greenworks is a growing brand of battery powered gardening tools. This budget cordless weed eater is a good option for any gardener.
- Provided with 10 amp battery
- This grass trimmer has a cutting a path of 18”
- This grass cutter works on 120 V supply.
- The Greenworks Corded String Trimmer comes with outstanding power to weight ratio, thus making it an ideal choice for heavy weeds.
- The users do not need to worry about replacing the string cartridges repeatedly. It provides pretty efficient results.
- The position of the lower D handle can be easily adjusted at any position on the unit’s top half portion.
- The motor fans can provide you with cool air depending on the trimming position.
- It comes with a flawless work of bump feed.
- The trigger can get stiff after constant use and tire out your fingers.
- You need to wear gloves so that your palm stays protected from the triggering mechanism’s two-part safety switch.
2. BLACK+DECKER 36 V Lithium-Ion Strimmer
Black & Decker are one of the oldest brands in power tool and gardening tools. This Black & Decker weed wacker is a very good gardening tool for small lawns and for trimming edgings.
- Comes with a user-friendly 110 X 22 X 10 cm dimensions
- This cordless grass string trimmer is powered by a lithium-ion battery
- Strong motor to provide efficient effective power to cut approximately 3750 m linear grass with each charge.
- Provided with 8500 RPM power motor
- Eco mode and Turbo mode settings provided
- This is certainly one of the best weed eaters is built in a lightweight design with a focus on reducing the stress on the user due to long-term use.
- The motors of this cordless weed whacker are very powerful and efficient.
- Gardeners can set the power settings as per their needs.
- The battery can last up to an hour depending on your use.
- The grass trimmer cable does not cut off easily, thus saving users the pain of repeated re-spooling.
- Repeated heavy use can affect the motor and a replacement may be needed.
- There are not a lot of service centers to cater to the demands of the customers. Though the services are great, a lot of traveling may be involved.
- Dewalt DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium-Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer
Dewalt is one of the biggest brands in the world. It is well known for reliability. The Dewalt cordless weed eater is easily one of the best grass cutting tools of 2022.
- The Dewalt DCST920P1 comes in 172.2 X 27.8 X 22.2 cm dimensions
- Weighs just 6.25 kg
- This cordless weed eater is powered by a 20V battery
- Variable settings option for speed control and trigger
- Provided with 0.080” bump feed dual line
- This is one of the most lightweight weed whackers you can come across in the market.
- The 5.0 Ah batteries provide the grass trimmer with solid run time.
- It is strong enough to assist you with at least 30-minute support for heavy duty work.
- Multiple modes of power setting provide the freedom of using the weed eater as per the needs of the user
- It is very easy to refill and feed the strings.
- The balance can be a bit confusing during first-time use as the head is a bit heavy.
These are the top five weed eaters in the market. You can research on the web to know more about these products.
Check out also some of the best cordless grass shears that you can buy online today.